2010年11月23日 星期二

Don't let it happens to u, pass on..

Dear friends, yesterday i received a shocking news.

When i was working at home, received a call seem like from Eon Bank telling me that I owe them 8+++ credit card bill overdue and must remit payment or press 0 speak to their officer.. i was just so shocked thus pressed the number and spoke to the officer. A Chinese lady spoke to me and said from the system, i have a EON Bank Master card since June 2010 and now I owed so much... as normal reaction, I told her I didnt apply such card... please investigate... she said she will report this to the relevant government department and they will call me to investigate further

Not long later, a Malay guy called Mustapha tel : 03 87831000 so called from Kard Palsu Investigation Dept to help me on my card. He told me he needed to help me thus he would need to ask few questions and would take my time. As I was just so worried, I tried to cooperate with him... he told me that now he needed to know how many credit card i am using now, give him the first 4 digit and last 4 digit, then what other account i have and so on.. I felt very weird but tried to accommodate because i worry if he is truly from the right department and I was accused for not honest.... at the end, he said he needed to pass my case to his superior for further question. He passed the phone to a chinese lady.. she speaks Mandarin to me...

Her name is called Ms Lim, she told me that she needed to apply "penjanjian pengawalan" to protect all my accounts not let another hack into again... then she said she needed to know how much is my saving account bal now ??? and she wanted me to print a copy of the latest bal from ATM... asking me do not put down the phone and go to bank immediately as they want to submit the case and the time is going to be 5pm... i felt so weird but dont know what to do...

on the way to bank, i prayed to God, Dear Lord, please protect me and let no harm no evil come near me now.. and when i reached bank, i felt i should transfer all my monies to my company current account first and only talk to the lady that i only left so +++ in the bank... she said why just now I say i have so much now all gone.. i told her i transfer out to company... she sounded mad and told me now already 5pm, she needed to go back, will talk to me tomorrow...

later, i called EON Bank, the officer told me that there was not such card in their syetem....

Deep in my heart, I praise God, He is my instant guide and help... at the crucial moment i cant call any of my friends for advice... thus I call to God for help..

Friends, be very careful.. the way they talk is so professional....

4 則留言:

  1. This thing always happen around us. We really need to be very careful about this.

    I think it's better if we could get their name, office contact number, ext number... then tell them we'll call them back.

    After getting the contact numbers, verify with local bank. Verify the contact numbers and of cos our account status as well.

    Remember not to reveal too much info when recieve calls like that. Those people are very professional. They will dig as much info as possible then create lots of things to make you believe what they say.

    Besides that, try not to panic of calls like that. We tend to make mistakes when panic.

    One thing I notice, those people normally get mad easily... Next time if same thing happened again, try to ask them, "I'm the one that owe money, why u seem to be more concern than me?"

    Last time, my friend recieved calls telling him that he won 2nd prize of dont know what contest. Then, so call have to get his details and account number to bank in money. They asked a lot, from personal info like ic number, email to family background. They even created and provided a website for him to login and check what prizes he won!!! Same thing, they got mad when my friend dragged their time and refused to bank-in money to verify that his account number was a valid account number...

    回覆刪除
  2. I recalled I received a call from Standard Chartered Bank about eight months ago.

    The very first word from the computer generated word was:

    THIS IS FROM STANDARD CHARTERED BANK, CONGRATULATION, YOU HAVE WON BLAR BLAR BLAR. PRESS NO 1 FOR...

    I was too excited, pressed the wrong button due to not familiar with my new iphone.

    Was regretting of losing a good prize/present these few months.

    Now I recall, may be it was a trap too and realize that don't be greedy in our life.

    "I am not afraid of storms for I am learning to sail my ship." Louisa May Alcott.

    回覆刪除
  3. Glad that you prayed before all monies are gone else where.. Thank God you did the prayer.

    However, a good reminder my fren told me is that no matter what bank called you and require you to perform an action. DO NOT call back the number they gave, instead, call to the general line of the bank and the number stated only behind your credit card for any further verification. furthermore do not releave any personal details and bank details of you over the phone no matter what.

    and lately i just realized that maybank and standard chartered bank- in front of their ATM machine even got write notice that ... the bank will not require us to do any action over the call like that , they will only advice you to come to bank / branch near you to do all necessary transactions.

    and you , the rich guy.... beware , next time don't chat or add fren in facebook if you see them sending you some messages says they keen to know you better and so on...and do not chat with them...tho we know you are handsome enuf ..:):)

    my colleugue nearly got cheated also after month chatting with a guy from ENgland ( he said so ...)then sending her thousands worth of pound presents..and require the tax to be paid first ..... she is nearly being cheated and even made move to post laju and custom ..... she even tell me that she will sell me cheaper for the latest notebook this guy just sent at only few hundreds to me ...bra bra....

    now we have to be aware and alert....

    take care brother.

    回覆刪除
  4. Candace,

    Millions of thanks for the precious information. I really didn't know facebook is one of the tools to lie to people. I will pay extraordinary cares now on.

    Thanks once.

    回覆刪除